Friday, July 29, 2011

More Favorites

4. Fresh Figs ....s. They are my favorite fruit and one day I WILL have one growing in the backyard. Not sure how, since I think Brett and I just killed the Grape Leave vine my day gave us this year. My Grandparents in Shreveport have such a tree, along with a Delicious Apple Tree (attached are pictures of Keegan and Conner enjoying them), Pear tree, Persimmon tree.. all being 50+ years old.. it's awesome





5. Rolled Grape Leaves - a classic, most de -LICIOUS Lebanese dish.. Steps to come in a later blog entry. So many of my friends have asked exactly how to do it, and I am embarassed to say I have never rolled them myself. Why? My Mama rolls them so well ..so, there is no way to compete with that. But, I am determined to at least learn.. so, I will be sure to share that experience.



That's all for now.. update on the family and Keegan and Daddy's first CIRCUS experience to come..:)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And we have been making fig preserves in this house - I'll give you a few jars (if and when we get to see you!!)

    ReplyDelete