Thursday, August 11, 2011

Visit to Monroe and a little more (thumbprint cookie recipe :)

Me,. Aunt Bridget,  and the boys just returned from Monroe and Shreveport for a short visit to see Meme, Pawpaw, Nanaw and Papaw... We had a great visit.
Below are a few pictures we took at Nanaw and Papaw's house.. They always have a fun time being outside on the bayou, playing in the fountain,  and annoying Obdi, the kitty.






I also wanted to share my THUMBPRINT COOKIE recipe.. which is my go-to cookie for most parties, showers...etc... It's so easy and you can get really creative with the jelly or jams. I ONLY use my Daddy's Jelly.. he and mom went a little wild making LOADS of jelly a year ago..so, I try and incorporate them into as many recipes as possible.




Thumbprint Cookies

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened ( I use Organic Unsalted)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar  ( I use Raw)
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup jelly/fruit preserves/jam, any flavor

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks. Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate up to 30 minutes in a bowl coverred with seran wrap. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Use your finger or an instrument of similar size to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with  about1/2 teaspoon of preserves.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

Special Notes:
- I watch them really closely in the oven. Depending on how cold your dough is.. it might brown sooner than later.
- Not every cookie is going to look perfect.. some of my cookies the jelly has rolled out of the hole.. they still taste great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment