Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What we do when it's hot!

Thought I would post a few pics of the boys and talk a little bit about what we've been doing since it's been unbearably hot. I don't even ask Brett how hot he is.. he just gives me the biggest.."this is all your fault" and "you wanted to live here" look. I just remind him of all the beautiful fall, winter, and spring weather ahead. He still groans... And, I also mention to him, at least you're not like the workers next door building a house or deck.  I mean, I really do feel for him most of the time.. he goes to work in those awful one pieces that are soooo heavy.. I should know.. they take forever to dry.
Needless to say we are all ready to  Fall, Football, pumpkin candles, and resuming walks around the LSU lakes and our hood.

Notice Redneck baby in the background without a suit on.. all swim diaper.. that's how we do it in La. !




I also thought I'd attach one of Brett and my most recent projects.. :) We have big  "fixer-up" ideas of what we could do while they take long Saturday and Sunday naps. But, most of the time, we procrastinate..and end up plopping on the couch and watching TV.. it's just sounds better:) But, this certain Sunday, we decided to do something..  We had some 7+ year old Target outdoor furniture that was looking a little neglected..so, we bought 4 cans of black spray paint and the rest is history.. see below.



the before and after





1 comment:

  1. looooove the deck furniture! it looks awesome! :) great job!

    ReplyDelete